Software for editing audio data is known as audio editing software. You can cut, copy, and paste segments of recordings using this program. Such a program enables the import or export of numerous file formats, including MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, and others.
Here is a list of the top audio editing programs, along with a description of their best features and online resources. Both commercial (for a fee) and open source (for free) software are included on the list.
Top Audio, Sound, and Music Editor Programs (Free and Paid)
The Top Audio Editing Programs:
A free program for editing audio is called Audacity. It makes use of a multi-track editor that makes it simple to edit any sound. You can import or export a variety of files, including MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, and others, using this expert audio editing program.
- Three different sound quality levels are supported: 24, 16, and 32 bits.
- Using the delete, cut, copy, and paste functions makes editing simple.
- offers a real-time preview with sound effects.
- Using a keyboard, it can be controlled completely.
- You can see a particular frequency.
- Several plug-ins are supported by this free audio editing program.
#2) Adobe Audition
One of the best music recording programs is Adobe Audition, which has a multitrack display and a waveform display for creating, combining, editing, and restoring audio content. This workstation is made to speed up audio and video production workflows.
- Music clips are simple to record, edit, and incorporate.
- You can mix audio content for the podcast using it.
- The program has been integrated with the necessary sound panel to give the audio the best boost.
- The audio recording can sound more professional by incorporating the music clips.
- Amazing podcasts can be produced using the platform.
- The audio formats that can be imported and exported by this music recording software are numerous.
- It is perfectly possible to fix the audio break.
- Windows and Mac are supported platforms.
#3) AudioDirector 365
You can mix, edit, and master your tracks all in one place with AudioDirector 365. It provides strong AI tools to design the ideal recording environment wherever you are. In order to make dialogue and background noises more audible, it intelligently removes wind gusts, reverb, and echo from audio clips. Directly into PowerDirector is imported the entire AudioDirector audio project. Your video and audio projects will have unmatched clarity thanks to its ability to correct and polish speech.
- It has a multi-Channel Device Recording feature.
- It makes it easier for you to cut out the vocals from your favorite songs or add background music to your projects.
- Supports your background tracks with smart fit.
- You can use it to create voiceovers and podcasts with a full-bodied, balanced sound that are free of errors.
- Your project edits will flawlessly sync between the two apps on their own.
- You can carry out batch processing thanks to it.
- Pricing: Monthly rates for plans begin at $96.99.
- Windows, iOS, and Android are supported operating systems.
#4) AVS Audio Editor
An intuitive audio editing program for Windows called AVS Audio Editor enables you to produce high-quality tracks for any objective. You can choose from 20 pre-installed effects and filters, such as delay, flanger, chorus, reverb, reverse, echo, and more. Editing is possible for all popular file types, including MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, WMA, AAC, MP2, AMR, and OGG.
- It allows you to split, trim, delete, join, and cut audio files.
- You can combine different audio tracks and mix audio.
- It makes it easier for you to record audio data from a variety of inputs, including a microphone, records, and other input lines.
- From your video files, you can extract and edit the audio.
- Make ringtones for iPhones and other mobile devices.
- To change the volume in the desired way, it offers an equalizer feature.
- It eliminates annoying noises like roaring, hissing, and crackling.
- any desired level of sound bitrate adjustment
- Windows versions 11, 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista are all supported.
#5) Ashampoo Music Studio
A music editing and sound management program is called Ashampoo Music Studio. Making a playlist that works on different devices is possible. Just a few mouse clicks are required to produce mixed audio. The file formats M3U, XSPF, WPL, and PLS are supported by the application.
- section that supports volume adjustment and muting.
- Audio files can be recorded.
- Files can be converted to the Flac, Ogg, and WAV formats.
- You can divide and combine sound.
- You can change the volume between multiple tracks thanks to it.
- The audio track contains any information that is missing.
- Take any audio out of the video.
- The title can be organized, and you can also include more details.
- Editing the metadata is possible.
A seamless audio production workflow is provided by the expert audio editing program Soundop. You can edit metadata in various formats thanks to it. Multitrack recording and mixing are supported by this program.
- To quickly monitor and modify several audio effects, display multiple effect editors.
- Supports high DPI displays
- helps you create CDs with audio tracks on them.
- supports editing of waveforms and spectral data.
- batching up audio file processing
#7) FL Studio
You can compose, edit, arrange, record, and mix music using FL Studio, a music production environment. You can quickly create sound sequencing and patterns thanks to it. This program can be used to enhance production with harmonies and melodies.
- The number of plugins is over 80.
- The user interface is adjustable in size.
- MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) support is available in FL Studio.
- Make changes to a recording of live events.
- Users may get updates for no cost.
- Rendering 4K videos is possible with this product.
#8) Zortam Mp3 Media Studio
You can manage your MP3 collections with Zortam Mp3 Media Studio. With this tool, you can change lyrics and edit songs. This tool can locate duplicate MP3 files. It allows you to arrange a selection of your MP3 library into Excel, HTML, and CSV formats.
- You can import files from iTunes.
- It includes a built-in MP3 player with visualization.
- The mp3 tag information can be used to rename mp3 files.
- Artwork that is missing is automatically found by Zortam Mp3 Media Studio.
- BPM (Beats Per Minute) analysis is provided by this tool.
#9) Avid Pro Tools
Avid Pro Tools is a toolkit for sound editing, and is available for purchase. You can work with MIDI and audio tracks using it. Features like drag and drop are supported by this application.
- There are more than 23 plugins in the program.
- Solo and mute are two of the effects it supports.
- MIDI is editable.
- Collaboration via the cloud is provided.
- It is possible to edit audio without overwriting the original file, a process known as nondestructive editing.
A sound editing program with many features is called Wavepad. You can record and edit voice and music using it. You can cut, copy, and paste segments of recordings using this program. In addition to noise reduction, it supports echo and amplification.
- General audio formats like MP3, WAV, VOX, WMA, and a number of others are supported by this free sound editing program.
- Audio can be compressed without difficulty.
- Export audio for sharing with others.
- With just two mouse clicks, files are simple to load.
You can convert audio into FLAC, MP3, and other formats with the help of DRmare. You can use it to unlock music that is password-protected on iTunes and Apple Music. You have complete control over the output quality with this app.
- Any audio conversion can be sped up by 30X.
- You can create lossless audio with its help.
- without any limitations, enables you to enjoy audio on media players.
- You can play music using this tool on your Apple iPod, Google Home, Amazon Eco, and other devices.
- The Mac and Windows operating systems are compatible with this.
You can make your beats with the aid of a tool called Soundation. It is among the best free audio editing programs, with more than 20,000 mix basslines and melodies available for immediate use. This tool makes it simple to use synthesizers and drum machines.
- A variety of effects can be used to create sound.
- Make music with your friends in a collaborative effort.
- Real-time data sync is accomplished.
- Direct song creation is possible through a web browser.
#13) PreSonus Studio One
Software called PreSonus Studio One offers numerous sound editing tools, an infinite number of tracks, and virtual instruments. By using this tool, you can set the track’s speed. It is possible to edit harmony using the application.
- has MIDI support.
- It offers downloadable annotations.
- AAF (Advanced Authoring Format) can be used to save the file.
- To make things simpler, it provides keyboard shortcuts.
- You can create key combinations and keystroke sequences,
- You can lessen the repetitive work of making music.
You can add sound effects with the aid of the program Acoustica. Your PC will allow you to record and playback recordings. You can import tracks from the CD as well.
- This PC audio editing program includes a step editor, piano roll, and music notation.
- supports an infinite number of editing tracks.
- MIDI data may be recorded.
- The melody has been integrated.
A quick and simple audio editor is Ocenaudio. Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X are all supported. To free up your attention for your important work, this application handles any time-consuming tasks in the background.
- Numerous tracks are available.
- Large files can be edited effectively.
- It facilitates the analysis of your audio signals.
- To open files without using up your PC’s memory, Ocenaudio employs cutting-edge memory management.
An editor for editing, processing, and recording sound is called Wavosaur. You can create loops and record audio with its assistance. It is possible to use this program without installing it.
- Audio can be chopped, copied, and pasted.
- The supported file types are mp3, wav, and aif.
- It is possible to convert audio files.
- Numerous effects are available from Wavosaur, such as fade-in and fade-out, mute, insert silence, and more.
- 8 bit, 16 bit, 24 bit, multichannel wav, etc. support
- In-depth statistics and frequency analysis are provided.
- MIDI files can be played, stopped, fast-forwarded, and rewinded.
- The audio input and output are continuously monitored by this tool.